SAI's Administrator of the Year program honors outstanding leaders from throughout the state in the following categories:
- Assistant Elementary Principal
- Assistant Secondary Principal
- Central Office Administrator (to include AEA directors)
- Elementary Principal
- Middle Level Principal
- Secondary Principal
- Superintendent (to include AEA chief administrators)
To be eligible individuals must be serving in the role for which they've been nominated during the 2020-21 school year.
There should also be evidence of outstanding contributions to the well-being of the educational community including:
- ways in which curriculum, staff morale, community support, student interest, and the learning environment have benefited from this individual’s leadership.
- ways in which the individual provides creative leadership in inspiring and motivating others to achieve and contribute to the educational environment.
Nominations are first reviewed at the SAI District level, then each of the nine SAI Districts may submit one nominee per category to the SAI office for consideration. Nominees selected by the SAI District will submit a four-page application with four supporting letters to the SAI office by June 30.
Before making a nomination, please be certain the administrator meets the award criteria. (Self-nominations are acceptable).
This form must be submitted no later than April 7, 2020.