Spring is here and that means it’s SAI district meeting time!
Join your Mississippi Bend colleagues April 18 to
- network and learn
- receive information from SAI officers and staff,
- recognize your district's administrators of the year, retirees, and members’ milestone years of service
View the complete agenda.
If that date doesn’t work for you, additional district meeting dates and locations can be found on the SAI events page.
Registration Options for the Meeting
- Learning Component from 2-6 p.m. at the AEA
- Learning Component from 2-5 p.m. at the AEA, then move to Modern Woodmen ballpark for social hour and member recognition from 5:30-6:30 p.m. At 6:30 p.m., all are welcome to stay for the Bandits game.
- Just social hour at the Modern Woodmen ballpark from 5:30-6:30 p.m. All are welcome to stay for part or all of the baseball game.
Please register by Friday, April 13 for the option that fits your needs. (see registration link below)
Learning Focus: Fostering Professional Community (PSEL standard 7)
We know from research that school leaders are second only to the teacher in impacting student achievement. One way in which leaders influence student success is through cultivating and sustaining a professional community of teachers and staff. Dive back into learning that will help you
• create conditions that lead to collective efficacy, and
• cultivate trusting working relationships among all school personnel.
We will recognize 2017-18 Administrator of the Year nominees, retirees and individuals reaching a milestone year of service at the district meeting. If you wish to be recognized, please note that on the registration form.
To honor the regional concept of the district meeting, you will be able to bundle four district meetings for a renewal credit. One fall meeting and one spring meeting each year are eligible for this bundle, and you do not need to attend four consecutive meetings. Read more about renewal credit opportunities.
These events are an SAI member benefit and there is no cost for current members to attend. However, registration is important in order to provide adequate seating and meals. Sign up online.
Contact Amy Swanson at SAI.